Mount Semeru Trekking 2 Day 1 Night. Mount Semeru is a stratovolcano located in East Java, Indonesia. Standing at 3,676 meters (12,060 feet), it is the highest mountain on the island and the highest volcano in Java. The mountain is located within the Bromo Tengger Semeru National Park, which is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.
If you are an adventure seeker, Mount Semeru trekking is an experience you should not miss. This 2-day trek takes you to the summit of the mountain, passing through stunning landscapes, scenic trails, and lush forests. The trek is challenging, but the reward of standing at the top of the highest volcano in Java is worth every step.
- 1 Mount Semeru Trekking 2 Day 1 Night
- 2 Mount Semeru Tour Price 2D1N
- 3 Mount Semeru Trekking 2 Day 1 Night Itinerary
Mount Semeru Trekking 2 Day 1 Night
Day 1: Tansit Point Ranu Pane – Trekking to Kumbolo Lake – Kalimati Base Camp
On the first day of the trek, we will start our journey from the Ranu Pane village, located at the base of Mount Semeru. We will start the trek early in the morning, around 6 am, and walk through the dense forest. The trekking trail is steep, so we will be taking regular breaks to catch our breath.
As we continue the trek, we will cross several streams and small waterfalls, adding to the beauty of the journey. After trekking for around 6-7 hours, we will reach our first destination, the Kumbolo Lake.
Kumbolo Lake is a stunning lake located at an altitude of 2,400 meters (7,874 feet) above sea level. The crystal clear water of the lake surrounded by lush greenery and rocky hills makes it a perfect spot for a quick rest.
Continue trek to Kali MatiBase Camp, We will set up our tents and rest for the night, preparing ourselves for the mid night trek to the summit.
Day 2: Trekking to the Summit of Mount Semeru – Ranupane Village
We will start our trek to the summit of Mount Semeru early in the morning, around 2 am. The reason for starting so early is to reach the summit before sunrise, which is the best time to witness the breathtaking views from the top.
The trek to the summit is the most challenging part of the journey, with a steep and rocky trail leading to the top. We will be using headlamps to light our way, and trekking poles to help us balance on the rocky terrain.
After trekking for around 5-6 hours, we will finally reach the summit of Mount Semeru. Standing at the top of the highest volcano in Java is an unforgettable experience, with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
We will spend time at the top, taking pictures and enjoying the view before descending back down. The descent was much easier than the ascent, and we would reach the base camp at ranupane village in the late afternoon.
Mount Semeru Tour Price 2D1N
|Total Person||Price Per Person (IDR)|
Mount Semeru Trekking 2 Day 1 Night Itinerary
Day 1: Ranu Pani – Ranu Kumbolo – Kalimati Campsite
- Start early in the morning from Ranu Pani village (07:00 AM)
- Hike to Ranu Kumbolo Lake (3-4 hours)
- Have lunch and rest at Ranu Kumbolo
- Continue hiking to Kalimati campsite (3-4 hours)
- Dinner and rest at Kalimati campsite
Day 2: Kalimati Campsite – Summit – Ranu Pani
- Wake up at midnight and start climbing to the summit (4-5 hours)
- Arrive at the summit before sunrise (05:00 AM)
- Enjoy the sunrise view from the summit
- Descend to Kalimati campsite (3-4 hours)
- Have breakfast at Kalimati campsite
- Descend to Ranu Kumbolo Lake (3-4 hours)
- Have lunch and rest at Ranu Kumbolo
- Continue hiking to Ranu Pani village (3-4 hours)
- Finish the trek at Ranu Pani village (04:00 PM)
Mount Semeru is a challenging but rewarding trek that offers breathtaking views of the stunning East Java landscape. The 2-day, 1-night trek.
A: The best time to trek Mount Semeru is during the dry season, which typically runs from May to October. However, the trek can be done year-round with the help of an experienced guide who can advise on the best times to go based on current weather conditions.
B: The trek can be quite challenging, so it’s important to be in good physical shape and mentally prepared for the experience. This means taking the time to train and prepare well in advance of the trek.
C: Hiring a reputable guide is essential for a safe and enjoyable trek. A guide will know the trail well and can provide important information on weather conditions, terrain, and potential hazards. They can also help with logistics such as permits, accommodations, and transportation.
D: The trail is well-marked, but it’s important to follow the rules and regulations to minimize environmental impact. This includes staying on designated trails, camping only in designated areas, and properly disposing of waste.
E: Along the way, trekkers will encounter stunning scenery including lush forests, alpine meadows, and panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. It’s important to take time to appreciate the beauty of the surroundings and to stop and rest as needed to avoid overexertion.
F: For those who are up for the challenge, trekking Mount Semeru is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that should not be missed. With the right preparation and guidance, it’s a safe and rewarding adventure that will create memories to last a lifetime.
Preparing for Mount Semeru Trekking
Before embarking on the journey, there are several things to keep in mind to ensure the best possible experience. Here are some tips and guidelines to help you prepare for Mount Semeru trekking:
- Physical Preparation Mount Semeru trekking is a challenging activity that requires a high level of fitness. To avoid injury and exhaustion, it’s crucial to prepare yourself physically. Start by getting into a regular exercise routine that includes cardio and strength training. Hiking, running, and cycling are great activities to build endurance and stamina. Aim to increase your training intensity gradually to build up your fitness level.
- Acclimatization Mount Semeru is located at an altitude of 3,676 meters (12,060 feet). To avoid altitude sickness, it’s essential to acclimatize yourself to the altitude by spending some time at high elevations. Plan to arrive in the area a few days before the trek and spend some time exploring the surrounding mountains.
- Packing List Packing the right gear is essential for a successful trek. Here are some essential items to pack for your Mount Semeru trekking adventure:
- Good quality hiking boots with ankle support
- Lightweight and waterproof clothing
- Warm layers for the summit climb
- Hiking poles
- Headlamp and extra batteries
- Snacks and water bottles
- Personal medication
- Booking a Guide Mount Semeru trekking is a challenging activity that requires the help of an experienced guide. Booking a guide is highly recommended, especially if you’re not familiar with the area. A guide will provide you with valuable information about the trek, ensure your safety, and lead you through the trail.