A Guide to The Tumpak Sewu Waterfall Malang. Perhaps you have heard of the phenomenon called ‘Adulting’; a time in your life when responsibilities become more abundant than playtime. The day will come, sooner or later, when you won’t be able to run away from home and leave on an extended vacation indefinitely.
With that being said, there is no better time than now to go on an adventure – even if it is for just a day trip. A short car ride away from Surabaya o Malang lies one of the best-kept secrets in the region; the Tumpak Sewu waterfall. This article will provide you with all the information you need if you are planning to visit this magnificent natural wonder. From getting there by car to packing a day-trip kit, we will show you everything you need to know before you embark on your journey!
- 1 What is Tumpak Sewu Waterfall ?
- 2 How to get to Tumpak Sewu?
- 3 When is the Best Time to Visit Tumpak Sewu?
What is Tumpak Sewu Waterfall ?
Tumpak Sewu is a waterfall located in Lumajang Regency, East Java, Indonesia. Accessible from the city of Surabaya via Jalan Raya Malang. Tumpak Sewu is a waterfall in East Java with a height of 120 meters, located on the slopes of Mount Semeru in East Java, bordering the Lumajang and Malang regencies. Tumpak Sewu is also one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Indonesia, with many tourists and photographers visiting the falls every year. Tumpak Sewu is also a great place for picnics and hiking.
What’s Interesting in Tumpak Sewu Waterfall
Enjoy the view of the waterfall. Tourists just need to walk 400 meters to get to the Panorama Post. Towards the Tumpak Sewu Waterfall valley, tourists walk down through slippery rock cliffs with bamboo handles and ropes to be able to see the view of the swift flow of the waterfall, you have to be really careful when descending into the waterfall valley. At the bottom of the valley, you have to walk a little through the river because nearby there is Goa Tetes including caves (always or niches) that are naturally formed by the flow of water (and continuously) through karst rocks. That’s what you can get when visiting this tourist spot.
How to get to Tumpak Sewu?
To go to the tourist attractions Tumpak Sewu Waterfall can be accessed from the city of Malang. The distance is approximately 60 km from the city of Malang, which will take approximately 2 hours to reach the waterfall according to the density conditions on the highway. If you drive from Surabaya, the capital city of East Java, it will take approximately 4 hours to get to the waterfall. From Surabaya, take the toll road to Malang city. Then, follow Jalan Raya Codo – Wajak for 159 km.
Things to Know Before You Go
Here are some things to consider before you go to Tumpak Sewu waterfall:
- There is an entrance ticket fee to visit Tumpak Sewu Waterfall of IDR 10,000 per person and motorbike and car parking fees of IDR 5,000 – 10,000.
- The best time to visit the waterfall is during the dry season (June to October).
- You can use public transportation (intercity buses), rent a motorbike or online taxi to get to the waterfall.
- There are also several private transport companies that offer one-way or round trip trips to the falls.
- You can also use the services of a private tour package to the waterfall on bromopackagetour.com website.
- Opening hours from 07.00 am – 15.00 pm, after that you have to look for lodging/homestay around the Tumpak Sewu waterfall.
Tips for Visiting the Tumpak Sewu Waterfall
– Bring your camera and lots of water. You will be visiting the waterfall, so you will want to take tons of photos! – Wear comfortable clothes and be sure to wear a hat! – Be careful of the slippery rocks on the waterfall. – Be careful of the animals at the base of the waterfall. It is a habitat for them, so be sure not to disturb them.
What to Expect When Visiting Tumpak Sewu
When you arrive at the Tumpak Sewu waterfall, you will find several places to park your car and a visitor’s centre where you can buy snacks and drinks. Follow the trail that goes from the visitor’s centre to the base of the waterfall. Once you get to the base of the waterfall, you can choose to go for a swim, go for a hike, or just relax. Bring food and water, as there are no restaurants or store on base of the waterfall. Once you’re done exploring the waterfall, you can head back to the city of Malang or Surabaya.
When is the Best Time to Visit Tumpak Sewu?
The best time to visit Tumpak Sewu waterfall is during the dry season, which is from June to October. During this time, there are fewer tourists and the weather is warm. If you travel to the falls during the rainy season (November to May), be sure to bring an umbrella or raincoat and don’t go down to the bottom of the falls for fear of sudden flooding.
How Much Money do you need to Visit Tumpak Sewu?
Tumpak Sewu waterfall is a very cheap place to visit. You can go there with your friends and/or family! If you want to experience the beauty of the Tumpak Sewu waterfall by staying overnight, then you need a room rent, fee for a local guide and entrance ticket.